BRC exists to help people experience the NEW HOPE, NEW LIFE, and NEW PURPOSE
that God the Father gives us through a relationship with his Son, our Lord Jesus Christ.
Our Foundational Values –
We believe that God has called us to be His people and as his people we are to never waver in being:
- Christ Centered
- Dependent on God
- People with Integrity
Our Basic Beliefs –
- God has given everyone the desire to belong to a community. That feeling of belonging comes when we experience a meaningful connection with God and His people. Connecting with God through a relationship with his Son, Jesus Christ gives the new believer NEW HOPE that this world is not all there is.
- Those in a relationship with Jesus have been given NEW LIFE. We have been born again so that we may now experience a life of transformation. Transforming our minds so that we will become more and more like Christ is a process that God directs in us as we seek to learn about Him in His Word.
- Transformation is a lifelong process, but thankfully God does not require us to be perfect in order to give us NEW PURPOSE. Serving God with all our strength is a crucial element necessary to becoming a true disciple of Christ. The Holy Spirit has given spiritual gifts to us all. We are called to use those gifts to serve others and share with them the Good News of Jesus and the NEW HOPE, NEW LIFE, and NEW PURPOSE that can be theirs as well.
- We believe that God created the world and everything in it, including human beings.
- God created a perfect world. In the beginning, there was no sin–no hatred, no disunity, and no death. But God also gave humans freedom of choice.
- The first humans, Adam and Eve, disobeyed God, allowing sin to enter God’s perfect world. From then on, every human has been born with sinful desires that separate them from God.
- But the story doesn’t end there. God loves the world and the people in it–so much, in fact, that he made a plan to take away the guilt of sin.
- God sent his Son, Jesus, into the world as a human. Jesus gave his life to pay the price for sins he didn’t commit. Jesus accepted the punishment for sin so that we don’t have to.
- Three days after Jesus was killed, God brought Jesus to life again, defeating the power of death and evil. Today Jesus lives eternally in heaven with God the Father. One day he will come back to earth to put an end to evil–sin, death, and pain–and renew all things. He will gather all who have believed in him from every time and place to live with him forever.
- Our faith is centered in God’s love for us demonstrated in Jesus Christ, his Son.
- When we trust Jesus’ sacrifice for us and commit our lives to following him, God sees us as perfect, the way we were first created to be. We cannot manufacture such faith on our own; it is the result of God’s Spirit working within us.
Brooklyn Reformed Church belongs to the Reformed Church in America denomination (RCA). You can visit their website, https://www.rca.org/discover, for more information about the Reformed view of the Christian faith, how the Reformed Church began, as well as its history. Did you know it was the first Protestant denomination in the new world?